furnace rolls are the most important parts of the continuous annealing furnace.
What are Furnace Rolls ?
Furnace rolls are the most important parts of the continuous annealing furnace.The function of furnace rolls is to make the annealing furnace run efficiently. Its working condition is the decisive factor if annealing hearth furnace can be normal production. They are often used in metallurgical industry, steel industry, food industry, etc., and can work at 800-1200 ℃.
Work and structural features of furnace rolls ?
Structures and materials of furnace rolls
- When the furnace roll material is working in the furnace above 800 ℃, it should have high-temperature strength and oxidation resistance due to mechanical damage of the furnace roll material.
- Furthermore, two end shaft welded in the roll end. The thin-walled rollers to give axial thermal resistance. The insulation materials inserted from the roll barrel to roll the end to reduce the temperature of the bearings.
- The material of furnace rolls are ZG35Ni20Si or ZGCr25Ni35Nb. Due to the high price of high nickel alloy, ZG3Cr24Ni7Si is used for furnace rolls produced in China. This material has high-temperature strength and higher endurance strength than ZGCr25Ni20Si.
- Due to the addition of rare earth, the oxidation resistance of the steel improved.
Furnace rolls body
- The diameter of the furnace rolls are recommended to be smaller to reduce weight and save precious metals.
- The furnace commonly use spiral roller bearings or spherical bearings. The bearing temperature is high so high-temperature grease lubrication is needed.
- The diameter of the shaft journal is usually smaller than the 0.1-0.25mm of bearing because of radial expansion.
- The roller can be applied in not only the metallurgy industry but other appliances.
The various roll/roller are of good heat, corrosion, wear-resistant properties, working at high-temperature environment on average: 800 to 1200° C, which are used in the steel mills, like continuous annealing line, continuous galvanizing line.
The high nickel alloy, high chrome heat resistant alloy, cobalt-base alloy, like HU, HT, HK, HP, HW, 24/24NbTiZr, 50Cr/50Ni (2.4813), 1.4865, 1.4849, 1.4848, 1.4410, 1.4059, 1.4841, 1.4845, 1.4852, 2.4879 or as per customer’s requirements.
The roller can be forged in perfect quality and also manufactured by centrifugal cast. The ceramic molds centrifugal castings offer many advantages, as to the flexibility of diameter and length. The production is dense, sound castings, and has almost the same mechanical properties as forging production. The production can be machined to different rollers, hydraulic cylinders, pipe models, etc.
Our products are used in the industry, with international quality standards. Take customer needs and experience as the first principle.